Site IT Manager (Manufacturing)
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Originally founded in 1883 in Worcester, MA, the Wyman-Gordon Company boasts more than 125 years of forging experience and first manufactured forgings for the aerospace industry during WWI. Recognizing the need for more expansive heavy manufacturing capabilities to support larger and more advanced aircraft designs, the Department of Defense built the forging facility now located in North Grafton, MA in 1946, equipping it initially with an 18,000 ton closed-die press. In 1953, the facility was expanded to include the 35,000 and 50,000 ton presses in what was referred to as the “Air Force Heavy Press Program”. From this program’s inception, Wyman-Gordon was chosen to operate the North Grafton facility due to the company’s long-term experience and reputation in the industry. In 1988, Wyman-Gordon purchased the facility outright from the U.S. Government and ran it as a private company until 1999 when Wyman-Gordon was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC).
Today, Wyman-Gordon has diversified its product portfolio beyond military applications to include forgings for many civil airliner and power generation applications. The 50,000 ton press is the largest operating in North America and is considered a strategic national industrial asset due to its essential nature in supporting various critical military aircraft production programs.
Wyman-Gordon, located in Grafton MA, is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses. Wyman-Gordon Grafton is a 1 million sq. ft. manufacturing facility with a 50,000-ton press, 35,000-ton press and 18,000 ton press for large titanium, steel and inconel closed die forgings. Wyman Gordon is part of a highly successful, multi-billion-dollar diversified manufacturer, Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC).
The IT Manager is a vital part of the information technology’s (IT) team which serves as a liaison between the IT department and the operational leadership of the various locations within Wyman Gordon. The candidate will be required to help develop and manage the relationship between IT and the customer by functioning as a point of escalation in the event services are not meeting expected outcomes, acquiring an understanding of the direction of the business unit(s), and identifying new opportunities that will enable IT to enhance business services. The position requires a firm grasp of IT technology as well as proficiency of the many solutions offerings of the IT department.
In addition to managing customer relationships, this dynamic role will also function as the technical leadership for the facility from both an applications and infrastructure role. Managerial duties will also include developing metrics to monitor all areas of IT, monitoring performance in these areas, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving changes in performance to meet and exceed customer expectations. The IT manager will be required to provide oversight of all projects and service request related to ensure quality control, aid in mitigating issues and risks, manage resource allocations to make certain that all deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Perform account management by acting as the primary service delivery manager for customers and serve as interface to both the end-user and the prime stakeholders to address service delivery issues, co-ordinate changing business issues, and liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies.
- Interface with customer to develop and maintain a positive customer-focused attitude toward IT by representing and promoting IT capabilities, as well as help shape the perception of the organization to be viewed as a proactive business partner promoting business value.
- Provide guidance to the IT support staff (help desk staff, systems administrator and applications analyst), direct the daily operations of the team, monitor progress and achievement through performance metric reports and take corrective action as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Communicate direction of client services in the supported locations, deliver leadership initiatives, and plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure success of team and the proper functioning of the department.
- Become involved in customer escalations by managing high priority tickets SLAs; tracking, monitoring and coordinating urgent customer service issues; helping facilitate horizontal communication between various support groups; and identifying and implementing strategies to improve quality of service.
- Proactively monitor and communicate service performance (weekly/monthly distribute of performance status, troubles, maintenance, SLA's etc.) to stakeholders.
- Help determines customer service requirements by maintaining relations with customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; benchmarking best practices; analyzing infrastructure and application needs/requirements.
- Help IT department achieve customer service objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Provide effective monitoring for all projects and service request ensuring the adequate deployment of sufficient resources, personnel and materials; interacting with PMO to develop work plans, track and report progress and monitoring of project plans and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Work with IT leadership to create and implement business strategies that leverage and integrate IT strategy of architecture, infrastructure, and application development of existing and new technology to achieve business objectives
- Ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience, and performance.
- Ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components.
- Provide on-going support for installed applications systems including resolution of application systems incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches.
- Managing change control implications for designated systems to ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
- Minimum of 8 Years of experience within an information technology department.
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience with managing various computer hardware/software technologies to include: PC hardware/software, networking, server/distributed computing, RDS, ERP systems, etc.
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience in a leadership role directing employees of various size teams.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent Experience conducting conflict resolution and mediation methods.
- Excellent working knowledge of the basic principles of project management, ITIL, SDLC and other information technology frameworks.
- Data mining, data analysis, develops reports and queries for production, finance, sales, etc.
- Minimum of 8 Years of experience with ERP structure and data to drive reports and application via Progress and SQL server.
- 8+ years’ experience with ERP/MRP (preferably Syteline or Oracle) manufacturing.
- 8 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment preferably aerospace.
- Analyzes technical and business requirements and translates them into system specifications.
- Travel Requirements: 25% + or As Needed Travel to support related facilities.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and full drug screen.
- Familiar with general IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks, disk arrays, etc.) and other technologies.
- IT Planning including project planning, design, working with vendors, configuration planning, deployment, high availability/business continuity and maintenance.
- Technical understanding of business application systems and their underlying hardware.
- Possess demonstrated working knowledge of database concepts, theories and principles; program concepts, techniques and languages.
- Experience with technical support practices such as: ticket documentation, service level agreements, statistics, and escalation processes.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business requirements to the technology teams.
- Ability to understand and communicate/present detailed & advanced business solutions.
- Experience with Installations, Setups, Configuration, Implementation, Integration and Testing of major software package.
- Experience Documenting Application Requirements, Technical Specifications, Use-Cases, Workflow Processes.
- Experience of building and maintaining applications in a multiplatform environment (Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux environments).
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.