EHS Specialist - Entry Level
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon, located in Grafton MA, is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses.
Responsible for the overall supervision of the company’s programs and procedures to protect its employees from occupational safety and health hazards. The goal of this position is to minimize the risks posed by these hazards to its employees and to the company by developing and implementing appropriate hazard control systems and programs. This position has oversight at the Grafton facility. Exercise ultimate responsibility in proposing to environmental, radiological and occupational safety and health programs which will maintain compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations. Implement agenda by interfacing with Business Operations to cost beneficially plan, lead, organize control facility regulatory affairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regulatory compliance
- Implementing programs to reduce risks/costs of handling, storing and disposing hazardous waste materials
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of Federal, State and local pollution Control laws, regulations, permits, licenses, orders, etc.
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes and good rapport with manufacturing personnel and pollution control facilities’ operators. Formulate and propose compliance strategy to present an emerging regulation relating to air, water, radiation, solid and hazardous waste, superfund, and occupational safety and health.
- Function as consultant to Business Operations to implement strategy, generate options, and assist in implementing solutions to complex environmental and occupational safety and health problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Division processes, present and emerging regulations, the state of the art in control equipment and process modification techniques.
- Exclusively represent the Business Operation in dealing with Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies. Maintain credible professional relationships with these agencies, appropriate elected representatives, media contacts, Division employees and the community in general.
- Provide input to regulation development when appropriate; represent the Division in all dealings with regulatory agencies in resolution of compliance issues. Secure all necessary permits and variances.
- Select, train and motivate qualified staff to achieve overall Mission.
- Participate and lead the Joint Safety committee.
Responsible for the collection, tracking and execution of risk notifications.
- BS Degree in chemical, environmental, mechanical or civil engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in the field of Safety and Industrial Hygiene in a manufacturing environment.
- Broad knowledge of environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to write technical reports and communicate internally and externally.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist and/or Certified Safety Professional designation preferred or in process.
- Thorough understanding of the company’s manufacturing processes, organization, and culture and business goals.
- Superior communication, persuasion and motivation skills.
- Team building skills.
- Planning and managerial skills.
- Solid understanding of safety, industrial hygiene and engineering principals and the ability to apply to the company’s operation
- Ability to look at the plant’s current position regarding occupational safety and health and compliance issues, to identify strengths and weaknesses and to select and promote an appropriate course of action to resolve outstanding issues in order to protect employees and to foster the company’s success.
- Project development and management skills
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.