Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Co-Op
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for accomplishing performance goals.
- Develops and implements all programs related to OSHA, EPA and DOT.
- Handles all aspects of hazardous waste disposal and is required to participate in related training.
- Administers wastewater sampling and reporting.
- Reviews and may participate in completing environmental reports and permits for local, state and federal agencies.
- Performs safety and health inspections and accident investigations. Addresses employee safety concerns.
- Learn how to develop and perform training programs for OSHA and EPA issues..
- Evaluates risk management activities.
- Follows up on corrective action items from investigations, audits and hazard identifications
- May help conduct basic safety training depending on competencies
- Understand, adhere to and demonstrate the company's commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Addresses duties as assigned.
- Must be currently pursuing a 4-year or greater degree program in EHS, Environmental Sciences, or Engineering.
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal.
- Growing knowledge base of EHS principles and regulations.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and full drug screen.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This requisition is closed to applications.