Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Now part of PCC's Engineered Products Division, University Swaging is a unique machining, swaging, and assembly center providing the industry's most technologically advanced structural and kinematic control rod assemblies, flight control mechanisms, and swaged cable assemblies.
Founded in 1947, the company was purchased by Primus in 2000, and before the close of the decade, expanded more than twofold into a new 110,000 square foot facility. The company's success can be attributed to continuity of leadership and a strong vision for growth of capabilities and products. Today the site benefits from shared opportunities and cooperation with KaliStrut Aerospace, which has also maintained a leading market position in the area of metallic rods for more than 35 years.
Recent engineering projects include pylon struts, interior tie rods, hold open rods, flight control rods, wing-to-body fairing support rods, door mechanisms and rods, and structural support rods for Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, and Gulfstream.
Precision Castparts Corp. acquired Primus International in August, 2011.
The Human Resource Manager is an essential key player to the success of the facility. This candidate will implement Human Resource policies and partner with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives. The Human Resource Manager will serve as a liaison for most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, labor relations, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
The Human Resource Manager will report to the General Manager and functionally to the Sr. Director, Human Resources.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and administer key HR policies and processes around talent management, coaching, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and recruiting for the facility
· Develop intermediate/short range departmental goals and objectives in partnership with Management.
· Coordinate, implement, monitor and update plans, programs, targets, and initiatives.
· Develop and maintain HR metrics.
· Work with other managers to coordinate division operations and activities; plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and resources to meet departmental goals.
· Partner with HR to resolve problems, complaints or grievances, and to plan and forecast staffing.
· Partner with Quality to align Directorate goals with Business Quality Management System (BQMS).
· Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure OSHA Compliance.
· Support IT and Production with long-range resource plans.
· May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5-7 years’ experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- 3+ years of manufacturing industry experience
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including assessments and audits, standards and benchmarks, evaluation of program effectiveness, and resolution of problems, bottlenecks, and deficiencies.
· Knowledge of benefits, performance evaluation, and compensation plans; Understanding of individual performance, abilities, learning, and motivation; Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to human resources (FLSA, EEO, etc.).
· Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Detailed, accurate, and organized; Ability to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures.
· Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
· Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.