Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Founded in 1981, Helicomb is a vertically integrated, build-to-print, lean manufacturing facility that manufactures and repairs composite and metal-bonded parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
Serving Key Market Segments:
- Commercial fixed-wing and helicopter
- DoD manufacturing and spares
- Military fixed-wing and helicopter
- MRO–helicopter repair for commercial and military
Customers Rely on Helicomb International for:
- Composite and metal bond manufacturing
- MRO / repair
- Kitting and assembly
- Chemical (metallic) processing
- Bond, prime, and paint
- CMM inspection
- On-site laboratory
- Program management
- Supply chain management
- Manufacturing engineering
- On-site tooling department and tool storage
Helicomb International was acquired by PCC in November, 2012.
1402 South 69th East Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74112
- Customer Point of Contact
- Leader of the Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Communicate program vision and goals to applicable personnel
- Coordinate all program activities with customer, IPT members, applicable departments
- Participate in production meetings
- Coordinate delivery requirements with scheduler and production personnel
- Delivery follow-up with customer
- Formal and informal program reviews with upper management
- Status reports and/or Program Management Review (PMR) with customer
- Implementing and maintaining milestone schedules
- Implementing and maintaining the program RAIL (rolling action item lists)
- Meeting Minutes
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Budget adherence
- Real time reporting on significant activities (i.e., issues, wins, changes, etc.)
- Responsible for formal contract/purchase order reviews
- Support contract negotiations
- Lead customer visits and telecoms
- Scope change management
- Follow-up with applicable departments in regards to scrap, rework and warranty issues
- Participate in MRB meetings and understand NCR and CAPA activity on parts/program
- Participate in A/R meetings and support collections
- Develop and implement recovery plan (when needed)
- Feedback to Estimating department on program performance
- Regular follow-up on customer portals to check for new information (i.e., POs, delivery, RFQs, ratings, etc.)
- Follow-up on submitted proposals (as required)
- Back-up for BD personnel (as required)
- Update Bid Activity List (as required)
- Consistent update of Running Backlog & Opportunities Report (RBO)
- Actively support and participate in continuous improvement through employee empowerment, team meetings, and holding him/herself, as well as others, accountable for sustaining improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to communicate orally and written
- Minimum five years’ experience in business development, program management, engineering or operations
- Five years or more in a manufacturing environment
- Aerospace composites manufacturing or composites repair experience a plus
- Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Prefer experience working with composites.
- Technical Requirements
- Managerial Experience
- The program manager should have three or more year’s management experience in a manufacturing environment.
CORE SKILL COMPETENCIES:
- Builds customer relationships and trust
- Communication, verbal and written (English)
- Computer skills and business systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, ERP, Portus, SharePoint, etc.)
- Organizes, plans, prioritizes & directs team to achieve objectives
- Proposal and contract knowledge
- Financial / accounting / budgetary understanding
- Paperwork precision and accuracy
- Performance management (accountability)
- Read and interpret technical documents (dwgs, specs, M&P etc.)
- Negotiation skills
- Composite manufacturing & MRO process / product knowledge
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.