Senior Human Resources Generalist
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At Alloy, metal finishing and nondestructive services are world class. From rinse to cleaning to metal preparation, our company has a product for each process. The benefits from this system solution include matched chemistries to achieve greatest efficiency with improved reliability.
Minimize your downtime and rely on our tailored chemistries for your most difficult problems. Our line of metal processing products is designed to prepare metal for secondary operations by cleaning and providing a high quality etched surface. Surface preparation is fundamental to paint adhesion and structural bonding. Alloy's metal processing solutions provide the ability to produce fine satin etched surfaces. We offer exceptionally uniform etch and extended bath/tank life.
Alloy is able to expedite customer deliveries. Immediate service is available and charges vary according to current backlog in required services.
• Enhances management-employee relations:
o Establishes and maintains good relationships with employees and management
o Listens to and responds to concerns
o Coaches and counsels Supervisors/Managers
o Assist introduce the PCC Positive Climate Index (PCI) tool.
Prevention, Safety and Wellness
• Assist facility Safety Champion with safety, health, security programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment including effective disability claims management, corporate prevention programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (Industrial Relations), or similar field from a recognized university
• A PHR or SHR
• 1-3 years experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in a Human Resources “Generalist” role in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
• Previous experience supporting multiple business groups or sites is an asset
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
• Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
• Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity is critical
• Can easily make the needed connections between systems, processes, and individuals to facilitate change
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Keen sense of time management and flexibility
• Ability to multi-task
• A passion for the entire people cycle
• Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy
• Excellent grammar, business letter and report writing skills
• A clear and succinct communicator (verbal and written)
• Ability to think proactively, critically and independently to make good decisions
• Excellent listening skills
• A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• A clear sense of urgency to achieve results. A “can-do”, “let’s make it happen” attitude
• Embrace continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things
• Passionate and determined
• A continuous learner
• Follow through consistently on work commitments
• Excellent technical ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS)