Electrician - Journeyman or LME (Redmond, OR)
**Competitive Pay, Benefits, and Quarterly Bonus Program!**
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Perform electrical activities engaged in construction, maintenance, and repair of electric power, lighting, and communication systems of plant buildings.
- Perform installation of conduit, instruments, motors, controls, PLC, service equipment, and general understanding of the National Electric Code.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders; read and draw schematics, one line diagrams.
- Analyze and resolve electrical problems and assist in solving electrical problems.
- Safely operate all equipment and tools. Adhere to safety rules and report safety problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum Manufacturing Plant Electrical License, two years industrial experience in construction maintenance.
- Must possess minimum manufacturing plant electrical license.
- Ability troubleshooting, ac/dc circuit, motors and motor controls, PLC’s and Instrumentation, and communication systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, safety rules, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram.
- Ability to work varying shifts and overtime as needed.
Ability to exert up to fifty pounds of force to move objects. Ability to work in conditions which may include exposure to risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, high places, noise, dust, dangers associated with chem mill activities, and varying temperatures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.