With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Senior Accountant applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. This position maintains and oversees the accounts and records for disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. The incumbent will also compile and analyze financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review/verify for accuracy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Assist in month-end close process within deadlines, including Journal Entries and account reconciliation preparation.
- Manage State/Local Tax reporting including but not limited to Sales and Use Tax, Ohio Commercial Activity Tax, Personal Property and Michigan Essential Services Tax.
- Perform weekly AR/AP subledger aging calculation.
- Processing of vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Generate checks and EFT payments to vendors.
- Process debit and credit memos.
- Work with Controller to continuously improve payment terms and the cost of processing transactions and implement process improvement initiative.
- May occasionally perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
- Experience with ERP systems for general accounting and consolidation purposes.
- Good working knowledge of the Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable process.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management.
- Able to work productively and independently.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of U.S. GAAP.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree required
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is required
- Experience with Cloud Suite Industrial/Syteline Version 10 is a plus
- Previous public accounting experience with manufacturing clients is a plus
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.