With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Responsible for the financial close process and internal controls/SOX compliance. This position directly manages the Staff Accountant and AP Clerk and supports these roles. The position will also perform the SOX Coordinator responsibilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the month end close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, and statistical reporting
- Manage the team to complete monthly/quarterly Division deliverables per the deadlines defined
- Responsible for adherence of all internal/SOX controls in the accounting functions
- SOX Coordinator position including organization and review of quarterly testing, quarterly documentation updates, and bi-annual segregation of duties analysis
- Responsible for the management and support of the Staff Accountant and AP Clerk positions
- Prepares and submits the quarterly tax filings, annual tax package, and annual property tax filings
- Support internal/external audits including document preparation, communication, and issues resolution
- Complete the quarterly Financial Review package and present to Division/Corporate
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting system and control requirements (SOX); Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Standards (GAAP); and financial and operational audit procedures and standards (GAAP, SOX)
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement mindset
- Experience with ERP systems for general accounting and consolidation purposes
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working under deadlines and prioritizing different deliverables across the team
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels, both written and verbally
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous public accounting experience with manufacturing clients is a plus
Years of Experience
- 5+ Years
Level of Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred