With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Quality Department. This individual will coordinate, and direct quality programs designed to ensure that the processing of all products is consistent with customer purchase orders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily task assignments of direct reports as well as supervise and prioritizes tasks as necessary to assure schedule compliance.
- Manages and oversees all inspections of parts, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
- Performs Interface with inspection and manufacturing personnel on technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
- Reviews and approves all revisions to internal process procedures and Quality system procedures to assure that documentation meets current regulatory and customer requirements. (I.e. NADCAP and AS9100).
- Schedules and reviews internal and external audits to assure that any out of compliances with product, processes, or procedures are identified, documented, and corrected.
- Represents Company during all customer and regulatory audits.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company goals, policies and procedures.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions being taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, and costs.
- Understand/use techniques for effective control of delivered quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of aerospace machined parts
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership, teaming; and production methods.
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; and develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- 5+ years of Aerospace experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager Preferred