Maintenance & Facilities Manager, Ogden , UT
The text input below will display to the candidate. Please pay attention to spelling/grammar.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Primary Function: Responsible for managing and assisting in the completion of the day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance and upkeep of the building/facility, equipment and machinery including, but not limited to HVAC, building lighting systems, CNC machines, ovens, and any other equipment required to support PCC Ogden Operations. Supervises and coordinates the work of Maintenance employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment, and machinery. Owner of long-term vision and strategy of both maintenance and facilities. This includes identifying aging or inadequate equipment in need of repair or replacement and ensuring that capital plan reflects the needs of the business.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage competing priorities of day-to-day needs and long-term objectives.
- Estimates, plans, assigns, and oversees the work of subordinates.
- Maintains adequate building upkeep and ensures facilities are in proper condition and held to the standards of PCC.
- Identifies and executes Capital Acquisition Requests and manages the work associated with them.
- Works closely with Process Engineering to integrate new equipment and processes into the facilities and takes ownership of establishing maintenance plan for pm’s and critical spares.
- Works closely with the EHS Manager to execute campus wide, corporate 6s activities.
- Uses quantitative and subjective data to proactively identify maintenance needs and optimize teams’ resources. Executes best practices specific to predictive and preventative maintenance, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), 5 Why problem solving, and condition-based monitoring techniques.
- Prepares, controls, and administers plans, processes, and budgets, relating to operational performance, cost efficiency, and reliability.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of continuous, safe, reliable, and efficient maintenance processes.
- Responsible for single-point coordination of emergency off-shift and weekend repair needs (e.g., vendor contact, shipping of product, etc.).
- Maintains and provides adequate tools, in proper condition for duties preformed by maintenance and facilities.
- Identifies and initiates orders for spares and backup parts as needed.
- Coaches, counsels, and manages performance of direct reports.
- Maintains business relationship with third-party contractor support base.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work in a production environment.
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to lift and carry up to 35lbs. occasionally.
- 6+ years of Industrial Maintenance training or experience.
- Understanding of general construction practices
- PLC experience
- Formal understanding of Lean and 5S/6S concepts
- CNC Machine experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Maintenance Certificate from a Vocational or Trade School
Normal Working Conditions
- Works under general direction and supervision of the General Manager. Makes decision within broad limitations of policies and within accepted standards.
- Occasional sitting, standing, walking, driving, using hands to handle or feel, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, climbing, balancing, stooping, squatting, crawling, pushing or pulling.
- Occasional work required in areas with wet or humid conditions-non-weather, near moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor or weather conditions, extreme cold non-weather, extreme heat non-weather, and vibration.
- Occasional elevated work requiring use of a man lift and fall restraint.
- Work in areas with loud noise required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Pre-Application Knock Out Questions
Red Flag Questions
Interview and Assessment Competencies
This requisition is closed to applications.