Engineering Supervisor - Ogden, UT
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Primary Function: The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for leading engineers, inspectors, and technicians to support a wide array of projects related to quality and manufacturing. These projects will include such items as establishing metrics to drive business decisions, driving productivity improvements, and oversee audit preparation for both customers and accrediting agencies. This role will set team priorities, act as the point of contact and drive day to day accountability.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Metrics, Trends & Pareto’s to identify key business opportunities to drive both quality and productivity improvements
- Drive YoY Quality improvements to achieve 50% reduction in net quality defects
- Drive YoY cost/productivity improvements to achieve 5% Net sales improvements
- Supervise quality inspection and quality engineering teams by setting priorities and assigning work to support the needs of the business
- Oversee audit preparation for both customers and accrediting agencies (Nadcap/AS9100)
- Develop and maintain Quality systems with the customer and manufacturing to ensure delivery of quality products
- Drive root cause & corrective actions for internal and external non-conformance
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service including customer issues and complaints relating to quality
- Responsible for review of customer drawings, specifications, etc. to identify customer quality requirements
- Quality investigations as required to identify and eliminate scrap/rework causes and customer issues
- Create, implement, and provide training on Quality & Process procedures.
- Initiate Corrective Actions and verify robustness of responses
- Provide guidance to engineering and operational leadership on quality-related issues and requirements
- Maintain good customer, auditor and team relationships with tact and diplomacy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Pragmatic and results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and communicate professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Must have good decision-making skills and be detailed oriented
- Able to interpret specifications and requirements and flow down to the organization
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Able to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a quality or engineering role in a manufacturing environment, aerospace highly preferred
- Able to work in a production environment
- Familiar with AS9100 quality system requirements
- Casting Familiarity
- NQA-1 Certification
- Experience with weld specifications
- Experience with Non-Destructive Inspection
- Experience with heat treatment
- Experience with chemical processing
- Previous supervisory or leadership role
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and revel of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.