With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Sets up and operates metal band and abrasive sawing machines to cut metal stock to dimensions by performing the following duties with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Reads job traveler for specifications such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
- Obtains and transfers stock to machine by forklift or overhead crane.
- Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation.
- Sets saw blade angle to obtain desired angle cuts.
- Sets stops and guides to control dimension of cut.
- Positions and secures stock against stops or in feeding device using straps or chains.
- Turns valve to start flow of coolant against cutting area.
- Starts machine and observes operation.
- Measures work for conformance to specifications.
- Marks identifying data on workpiece.
- Replaces finished work on pallets or barrels.
- Replaces defective cutting blade or wheel.
- Prepares data sheets of cut material and remnants.
- Steel stamping letters and numbers on work piece by hammer blow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.