Radiographer I (Redmond, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position produces radiographs of castings from PCC Schlosser techniques for the evaluation of casting quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- X-ray castings according to part specific techniques and verify radiographs conform to appropriate specification. This process includes but is not limited to the following:
- Verify correct part is with the paperwork (lot number and serial numbers match).
- Assure castings are in proper department and at the proper operation.
- Determine if parts need 100%, Pre-X, weld areas, or ground areas to be shot.
- Verify techniques are approved by proper authorities.
- Complete film order forms; load film cassettes with proper film load; unload film cassettes and run film through film processor; maintain processor system and chemicals.
- Develop shooting techniques for final X-ray and Weld Areas to include the creation of fixtures, setup photographs and clear and concise instructions to document the procedure.
- Regularly conducts more than one radiographic examination concurrently
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly calibrations and process controls.
- Maintain penetrameters, blocks, fixtures, cassettes, lead screens, nameplates, and lead backups as necessary to ensure quality radiographs.
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance on X-ray equipment.
- Completes logs and records any modifications to the radiographic technique.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must complete or show documentation of 40 hours of classroom training and 400 hours of X-ray experience (200 hours actual hands on experience).
- Must complete Level I Certification and recertify every three years.
- Ability to understand and apply general and complex procedures found in Work Instructions, Quality Manuals and other technical material.
- Knowledge of the physics of X-ray radiation and safe operation of X-ray equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to all radiation safety procedures.
- Must have strong math skills and a working knowledge of algebra.
- Knowledge of penetrant, chem.-mill, and finishing processes used in the manufacture of castings.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with customer material specifications and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work varying shifts and overtime as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED. Previous radiographic experience and knowledge of basic radiographic techniques preferred.
The ability to sit, stand, possess vision requirements to use radiographic equipment and to pass a depth perception and color vision test. Ability to exert up to thirty-five pounds of force to move objects. Ability to grasp and manipulate /set-up product as necessary to adhere to the required radiographic technique set-up. Ability to work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This requisition is closed to applications.