Customer Service Planner - Deer Creek (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To implement, coordinate and maintain a valid and realistic Master Production Schedule supporting the Business Operation’s Sales and Operations Plan and Customer Orders. To insure effective communication between PCC’s customers and the manufacturing organization facilitating on-time customer order delivery.
Objective: To implement a schedule supporting the approved Sales and Operations Plan and meet customer delivery requirements.
- Continually monitors the master schedule, manufacturing capacity, material availability, lead time, customer order backlog and the business operations delivery performance against the plan to identify changes, trends, short-term deviations and/or forecast errors.
- Performs MPS system requirements for end items, including firming, submitting and approving those orders in the base.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT
Objective: To regularly communicate with the customer regarding order delivery date commitments based on the master schedule and to resolve delivery problems.
- Maintains and updates committed ship dates for products and communicates to sales, marketing, order entry and the customer.
- Represents PCC in meetings with the customer both in house and a t the customer’s site.
- Routinely communicates verbally and electronically (E-mail) regarding order status to the customer.
MASTER SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE
Objective: To maintain the master schedule for responsible items and take the necessary action to assure schedule adherence.
- Manages customer delivery dates within capacity guidelines.
- Recommends changes to part load profiles to the master scheduler.
- Reviews the master schedule reports, sales reports, and rough cut capacity reports to maintain a balance between the master schedule, manufacturing orders and customer order delivery dates.
- Interfaces with capacity and scheduling group regarding customer order progress and provides information to aid in setting shop priorities.
- Minimum two (2) years of college in a business related curriculum.
- Minimum four (4) years related professional experience with at least two (2) of those years in a related planner / scheduler / analyst position.
- Demonstrated good oral and written presentation skills.
- Highly self motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated good organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- VIS / VISTA / FOCUS experience a plus.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Maintains high-degree of professionalism
This requisition is closed to applications.