Manufacturing Supervisor (Wax)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Schedule daily department personnel schedules.
- Perform quality audits, appraisal and merit reviews.
- Participate in scheduling workflow in the department.
- Administer company policies and manufacturing procedures.
- Coordinate efforts to improve labor utilization by improving quality and labor utilization and implementing team concepts.
- Maintain housekeeping, a safe working environment, and assure compliance with safety rules.
- Create a positive work environment through appropriate employee communication and emphasis on mutual respect between Supervision and employees
- Provide effective leadership and coaching to employees to achieve the required quality and productivity goals.
- Complete performance review ratings, training, discipline, stand-up meetings, and management task for the shift.
- Provide the shift-to-shift communication link in order to keep all team members working toward the same goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with vacuum furnace investment casting required
- Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity.
- Able to work flexible hours with a with strong attendance record.
- Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere within the maintenance team, supervisors, managers, engineers, and production team.