With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Sets up and operates manual and computerized numerical control (CNC) Horizontal Milling machines and machining centers to machine forged parts and rings by performing the following duties with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Uses overhead cranes and/or forklifts to move parts and rings.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, and write or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, planners, metallurgists, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Writes Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts; clean and maintain machine and tools; and grind tools and accessories.