Production Wax Assembler / LPC-T / Dept 816 (Portland, OR)
This requisition was posted on 11/17/2022.
- Quarterly bonuses
- Full benefits that start on the 1st of the month following your hire date
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement for you and your family
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
- And so much more!
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To assemble complex components including gating systems in a varied and non-repetitive fashion to produce mold forms to be invested.
Objective: to inspect patterns and determine assembly methods.
- Pre-inspects pattern and gating components prior to start of assembly.
- Reads and follows technique card assembly instructions, which describe numerous unique assembly steps of a complex nature; plans the methods for completing a given assignment and selects among alternative assembly methods.
Objective: to accurately assemble complex multicomponent patterns and maintain dimensional integrity.
- Assembles complex wax patterns and gating components by means of torch, hot pencils, and a variety of hand tools.
- Welds gates into place by means of torch or hot pencil.
- Assembles complex patterns using full-time assembly fixturing to maintain dimensional control and stability.
- Manipulates fixture/pattern components to remove configuration discrepencies and verify dimensional integrity.
- Smoothes and gauges the area around each assembly contact by means of hot pencil, torch or paint seal.
- Frequently modifies gates by reshaping, splicing or reducing in order to obtain proper fit.
- Hand fabricates elementary gating from raw stock.
- May develop code sheets for engineering-requested modifications or deviations to standard assemblies.
- Inspects difficult assemblies during and after the assembly process for defects and quality.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- May train less skilled assemblers as assigned.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Two years of production wax assembly experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Thorough knowledge of assembly techniques, methods, materials, fixturing and construction.
- Ability to follow and communicate complex written and verbal instructions, and to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Demonstrated high degree of manual dexterity.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to one hundred twenty five pounds.
- Ability to work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, fumes, crowding, awkward physical positions, abrasions, cuts, and chemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.