Rework Grinding Inspector - Deer Creek (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To inspect the work of grinders and welders in order to evaluate the quality of their work, and to route and off-route castings entering the rework or leaving the grinding area; to assure the quality of products leaving the area.
Objective: to inspect castings and coordinate routing with the Rework Analyst/Production Coordinator; to take part in the decision to scrap or route to Rework for repairs.
- Reviews inspection paperwork; routes castings for rework to grinders and/or welders in rework.
- Assists Supervisors with flow and control of castings.
- Enters information in computer or manual tracking system.
- May take part in decision to scrap parts in coordination with rework analyst/Production Coordinator or engineering; may make the decision to scrap smaller part, as authorized.
Objective: review the work of, provide feedback and additional training as needed to grinders.
- Train/mentor new grinders in conjunction with department TATS Qualified Trainer/s.
- Reviews work of grinders and welders; visually inspects castings; uses Ultrasonic test for thickness; may work with visual/dimensional department as needed.
- Provides quality/production feedback on assigned grinders to TATS Qualified Trainer/s and/or Supervision.
- Gives feedback to grinders on work quality, techniques and related information.
- Does grinding of parts as needed to meet production schedules.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Completes logs and records as required.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Visual Qualification (required), Dimensional, NDT, Ultrasonic, and Rework Analyst Courses as directed.
- Advanced Grinder skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of Grinder Step 6 duties, along with experience in Visual/Dimensional inspection is preferred.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards, blueprints, and drawings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide working supervision, work direction, and/or training as directed.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty five pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds or more using appropriate assisted lift procedures.
- 20/30 correctable vision, and satisfactory passage of depth perception and color vision test.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, awkward physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time.
MAJOR PLANT DIFFERENCES:
- LSBO and TBO - Inspectors do not maintain ongoing quality/production records on individual grinders.
- LSBO - Inspectors do not perform data entry.
This requisition is closed to applications.