Eligible for quarterly bonuses, 401(k), health benefits, housing stipend, paid vacation.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional engineering discipline. These
increasingly challenging assignments will provide foremost an effective learning assignment and then a sound
intellectual and/or financial return for the PCC organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
▪ Collect, compile, and analyze technical data such as defect mapping, variable dimensional data, bellwether
data, and process parameters on development and production part numbers and processes running in the
▪ Correlate data for statistical analysis, graphing and database files. Format data into spreadsheets, control
charts, graphs and diagrams to aid in analysis.
▪ Write, issue, and maintain manufacturing work instructions. Observe and document production process
▪ Supports engineering and operations initiatives including special projects and part tracking.
▪ The student will apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process
and product design and improvement.
▪ The student will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive
responsibility in process and /or product engineering throughout his/her co-op experience.
▪ Will identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
▪ Student will attend regular departmental meeting.
▪ Will perform or review systems analysis, testing, and documentation for existing processes.
▪ Will take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
▪ Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications
and develop requirements and specifications with team.
▪ Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner
▪ Participate with peers, project team members, and other departments on new product development, product
line extensions, and product enhancements
▪ Other duties as assigned
▪ Reports to Engineering Manager or senior Engineer.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
▪ Computer skills must include Word, Excel and Power Point.
▪ Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
▪ Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
▪ US Citizen or Permanent Resident
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Actively enrolled as a student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Materials, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
• Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.