Tool Planner - Jenkintown, PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
A tool planner is responsible for reviewing production job tool requirements and safety stock reports to maintain adequate inventory levels in the tool crib.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create tool manufacturing orders to be made in the tool room and E-req purchase requisitions to purchase tools.
- Research inventory levels and activities to make decisions on safety stock levels.
- Work with engineering, shop floor and management to resolve problems.
- Work with vendors and purchasing for orders and new designs.
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to quality and safety.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness; 2) business ethics and compliance; 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management; 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills; 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability; 6) continuous improvement and problem solving; and 7) planning and organizing.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Be willing to research, evaluate and train new process methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Must have strong EXCEL experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with limited direction
Level of Education:
- High School diploma or GED is expected.
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.