With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Southwest United Industries Tulsa operates from a 100,000 square feet modern and well-maintained facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Former headquarters for Southwest United Industries (prior to acquisition), the site offers single source metal finishing for newly manufactured parts and for repair and overhaul applications.
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Shot Peening
- Thermal Spray
Southwest United Industries was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in December, 2012.
Selected candidates for a Level One Laboratory Technician position, under direct supervision, will learn tasks specific to the monitoring and control of processing solutions and chemicals used in this organization’s facility. Level 1 Laboratory Technicians will be expected to collect daily samples for testing, perform process and solution control testing, and prepare buffer solutions and reagents. They will become familiar with the operation and standardization of laboratory equipment, as well as maintaining a clean, sanitized and organized laboratory setting. Level 1 Laboratory Technicians will also be expected to perform recordkeeping of tests and consistent monitoring of production solutions and chemicals on a regular basis. Candidates must be self-disciplined and self-motivated individuals with strong accountability (attention to details) skills. As a condition of assignment, Level 1 Laboratory Technicians may be expected to access information and product controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulations. As such these candidates may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the U.S.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Wear and maintain proper personal equipment (PPE).
- Perform daily collect samples of process and solutions.
- Perform process control and solution control testing and monitoring.
- Document and maintain laboratory records.
- Prepare buffer solutions and reagents.
- Operate and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Maintain a clean and sterile work area, equipment, and lab ware.
- Operator is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must be detail oriented and quick learner.
- Organizational skills.
- Good communicator with ability to represent the Company in a positive manner.
- Basic computers skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and other laboratory software programs).
- Excellent vision (whether or not corrected) including normal color vision.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills.
- Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, & divide). Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs. Knowledge of the metric system units (length, area, volume, capacity, mass, and weight) and U.S. equivalents. Ability to apply concept of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of internal laboratory procedures and protocols.
- No experience required.
Level of Education:
- High School Diploma or GED