IT Technology Analyst 1
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Technology Analyst I provide first level support to employees on all computing devices and software applications implemented by the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Provide help desk support via telephone, in person and remote assistance to employees.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Provide services related to and troubleshoot hardware, software and phone problems.
- Document all support interactions in the service desk application.
- Monitor open Help Desk ticket requests, dispatches, and follows up with escalated IT personnel to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in end user training as needed.
- Assist other IT employees in support of problem resolution or product implementation.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Pick-up, deploying and maintenance of hardware sometimes up to 35lbs
- Active Directory management
- Mobile Device Management
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Must be able to travel between offices in the southern California area
Knowledge and Training
- Experience with PCs, printers, networking and Microsoft operating systems including, knowledge of Active Directory administration functions, Windows 7/10 operating system and basic networking fundamentals.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and technical skills to install, troubleshoot, and repair computer hardware, software, and guide end users in the use of software programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and provide outstanding customer service internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to evaluate processes and procedures for continuous process improvement.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Basic word processing, spreadsheets and computer software skills.
- Experience applying patches.
- Will be required for afterhours support
Education and Experience
Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar discipline. At least ONE year of direct experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues and installing software, patches, updates on desktops, and laptops desirable but not required.