Inventory Auditor Expeditor (Non-CDL) Split Shift - Wax Center (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Audit components quality and assembly fixturing to set up jobs and move through the operation when the pattern is complete. Maintain inventory and control physical inventory to confirm that all fixturing components required for efficient pattern and gating operations are readily available. Insure wax dies and components are available at molding machines.
1. Audit Component Quality
Objective: To audit wax gating and wax weld components against standards as they move from molding to cleaning to assembly in order to assure product quality.
- Sample and inspect all fixturing for defects and report damage.
- Send defects back to appropriate area and follow up on their timely return.
- Work with supervision and the Production Scheduler Lead to resolve problems with product flow through the molding, cleaning, and assembly operations.
2. Inventory Control
Objective: To maintain accurate inventory of supplies and components has well as tooling for assembly and or molding.
- Order and count inventories of auto machine gates.
- Preview future schedules of parts to confirm components will be available for all patterns.
- Perform daily review of part location compared to the online Work List. Correct location errors by notifying the responsible employees to correct their oversight. Move to correct location electronically when necessary. Coordinates scheduling of gates with molding to assure proper timing.
- Responsible for assisting pattern molders as required.
- Assume molding lead/scheduling responsibilities as required.
3. Component Kit Preparation
Objective: To prepare accurate component kits to go from operation to operation and to assure maximum cart and space utilization. Present solutions to problems and suggestions for improvement.
- Set up fixture and carts at each operation.
- Set up pattern component kits to make available to Pattern Assembly and/or molders.
- Consolidate components in order to supply to assemblers most efficiently and/or molders and make carts available to Molding.
Objective: Take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Adhere to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operate all equipment and tools.
- Identify and report safety problems.
5. Perform other tasks as directed
6. Only applicable to Wax Center location.
- Drive the box trucks to any of the other PCC facilities.
- Perform the “framing” operation for parts as needed.
- Set up the blue light machine for parts as needed.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Only applicable to Wax Center location
- At least two years of experience in wax molding, cleaning or assembly and considerable working knowledge of product quality requirements and product structures; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work with others within and outside the department.
- Ability to interpret instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to attend to details and good organizational skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift and or maneuver objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk the majority of the shift.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals and other elements for extended periods of time.
- Only applicable to Wax Center location
- Ability to drive a box truck (up to 26,000 LBS GVW).
- The following minimum standards are required for driver authorization:
- Current and valid Driver’s License required.
- At least 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum of two years driving experience within 30-mile radius of plant.