Senior Accountant - Huntington, WV
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys—with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position has particular responsibilities that include preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial statements using accounting principles. The role includes keeping record of account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting activities. The position will also prepare reports such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other documents that project the organization’s financial position. Role also includes reviewing financial statements for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. This position assists in overseeing accounting operations, or a complex segment of the accounting function, and coordinates accounting matters with other departments as required.
• Report all Intracompany activities with five SMC companies.
• Prepare Journal Vouchers and Account reconciliations for all Payroll & Benefits.
• Monthly reporting as required by Internal Management, Division, and SOX.
• Upload actual results to Division through Hyperion.
• Responsibility of SG&A Expenses (Budget, Forecast, Weekly Reporting, etc).
• Maintain monthly SG&A detail spreadsheet submitted to Division.
• Responsibility of FQR Package.
• Annual 1099 preparation/submission.
• Quarterly access reviews for HBE and A-1 Wire.
• Preparation/submission of Local and Sales & Use Taxes.
• Property Tax preparation.
• Preparation & Completion of Tax Package.
• Coordinate Quarterly Intracompany clearing process.
• Provide assistance with MOR & Weekly Reporting Packages.
• Provide assistance with Weekly Profit and Loss Statement.
• Plan & Organize Audits.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Five - Eight years of experience in accounting functionality (month-end close, journal entry preparation, GL account analysis, etc.).
• CPA preferred.
• Performs accurate work under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills are required.
• Can handle complex issues and problems, and refers truly complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Must possess problem-solving skills and have solid working knowledge of subject matter.
• Have ability to provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group.
• Financial management
• Problem solving
• Strategic thinking
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – MUST BE ABLE TO FREQUENTLY REMAIN IN A STATIONARY POSITION. MUST BE ABLE TO OCCASIONALLY MOVE ABOUT INSIDE THE OFFICE TO ACCESS FILE CABINETS, OFFICE MACHINERY, ETC. CONSTANTLY OPERATES A COMPUTER AND OTHER OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY MACHINERY, SUCH AS A CALCULATOR, COPY MACHINE, AND COMPUTER PRINTER. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – WORK PRIMARILY IN A CLIMATE CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT WITH MINIMAL SAFETY/HEALTH HAZARD POTENTIAL. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
(This position is eligible for a referral bonus per the PCC Metals Group Referral Bonus Program).