At PCC Tilton, we believe that the safe air travel is essential as it ensures our family and friends return home safely each and every day. We support this mission by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use throughout the aerospace industry. Our highly skilled team members make vision a reality.
Team Tilton is proud to be PCC Structurals’ only aluminum casting facility. The products that we manufacture support over 70 platforms within commercial and military aerospace. Simply put, the PCC Tilton team has a critical part in how the world gets back to normal.
Our commitment to our employees and customers helps to ensure that missions within commercial and military aerospace are accomplished safely and successfully every day. If you are looking for an opportunity to support aerospace missions, a career at PCC Tilton may be right for you!
As part of the finishing operation in the casting manufacturing process, Grinders and Sandblasters are responsible for removing designated features on the casting surfaces that will later become the highly complex aluminum parts that are provided to our customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform work in a safe manner by following all safety rules and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
• Achieve team production and efficiency goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Perform various grinding duties on castings within liberal and visual quality tolerances.
• Safely operate grinding machines while working from Finishing Card specifications to perform the operations required.
• Check and verify work produced with the use of templates, gages, and other means of inspection to ensure the specified dimensional and visual standards have been met.
• Select and change belts, perform routine maintenance, and maintain work area that meets or exceeds established 6S standards.
• Perform various hand sanding operations on medium to small size castings for the purpose of cleaning and surface improvement.
• Operate tumblast equipment and hand sand in the small sanding cabinets.
• Load parts into tumblast unit and select blasting pressure and cycle times in accordance with established process instructions.
• Operate hand sanding machines; manually hold and manipulate parts under the blast nozzle to perform required cleaning. Exercise care in both applications to assure obtaining a uniform surface finish and to avoid damage from over-blasting.
Experience and Education:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred but may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
• One year of manufacturing experience preferred, previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
• Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet or exceed production and quality standards.
• Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help meet business and customer demands.
• Understanding of basic math calculations.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other devices where interpretation is required.
• Ability to perform duties in manufacturing environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.