Engineering Co-op Program
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of manufacturing. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you.
Find out what it’s like to work with our team in our fast-paced, dynamic work environment through a variety of internship and cooperative program opportunities. This is your chance to gain invaluable on-the-job experience while getting an introduction to our collaborative and exciting culture.
Job assignments will be related to your functional engineering discipline; typically mechanical, industrial or materials science engineering. You will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and/or product engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The student will:
- Apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
- Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Attend regular departmental meeting.
- Attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Perform or review systems analysis, testing and documentation for existing processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate with peers, project team members and other departments on new product development, product line extensions and product enhancements.
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial systems or materials science engineering
- Demonstrated results-driven leadership
- Critical problem analysis, decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.