At PCC Tilton, we believe that the safe air travel is essential as it ensures our family and friends return home safely each and every day. We support this mission by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use throughout the aerospace industry. Our highly skilled team members make vision a reality.
Team Tilton is proud to be PCC Structurals’ only aluminum casting facility. The products that we manufacture support over 70 platforms within commercial and military aerospace. Simply put, the PCC Tilton team has a critical part in how the world gets back to normal.
Our commitment to our employees and customers helps to ensure that missions within commercial and military aerospace are accomplished safely and successfully every day. If you are looking for an opportunity to support aerospace missions, a career at PCC Tilton may be right for you!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the safe manufacture of company products which may represent a broad diversity of manufacturing processes. Accountable for running an operation in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient, and productive manner. Achieve department measurements on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis. Individual may supervise multiple functions and/or shifts typically through shift/department leads. This position will be responsible for the Front-End Operations, including the Invest, Foundry, and Pre-Finish Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the safe manufacture of products while adhering to all company safety policies and governmental compliance requirements. Ensure that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
• Provide the leadership for development and implementation of effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements, and on-time delivery to customer requirements.
• Coordinate production with required schedules to meet customer requirements. Control flow of product, materials and utilization of labor throughout department(s).
• Develop, train, coach, and involve employees in maintaining and improving departmental efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, cooperation and morale.
• Conduct formal performance appraisals and recommend pay increases while emphasizing a “pay for performance” culture.
• Work with Human Resources to source, evaluate and hire the best qualified candidates.
• Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
• Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to the area to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality and throughput targets.
• Review and plan for daily/weekly quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding productivity targets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations or related field.
• 5 to 7 years of progressive manufacturing/supervisory experience.
• Knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Knowledge of budgeting process and financial management tools.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
• Requires that the incumbent be highly organized, self-motivated and one who can work independently, as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• ERP system knowledge as well as advanced Excel knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and deliver results in conformance with targets.