Investing Operator (Redmond, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position Summary - ON THE JOB TRAINING PROVIDED!
Position performs duties related to investing wax assemblies: bolt cleaning, wire preparation, cleaning duties to maintain department work areas, mold prep, robotic and hand investing, inspecting, buildup slurries and binders, testing materials, testing binders and slurries, autoclave preparation, autoclave operations, water wash and bore-scope.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to plant and department safety rules. Safely operate all equipment and tools. Identify and report safety issues.
- Run bolts through bolt cleaner, sort to length and distribute to Wax Molding.
- Cut wire squares into various lengths keeping wire bins full.
- Prepare wire kits for all molds entering the Investing department according to work instructions.
- Maintain a clean environment in the work area.
- Dry and dispose of used binders and slurries.
- Wash wax tree molds, and cups; blow them dry and prep for Investing.
- Wrap tape around frame molds to prepare for Investing.
- Operate the robot to transfer molds to Investing and to build a shell.
- Inspect molds for defects; blow loose sand from the molds.
- Remove tape at appropriate times during investing process.
- Blow loose sand from molds prior to each dip to eliminate sand packets and defects.
- Mix ingredients to build slurry to supplement usage.
- Run daily/weekly tests on slurries and binders. Test incoming materials.
- Clip vents, grind cups, and load molds for Dewax.
- Operate the autoclave; manually lift molds that may weigh up to 100 lbs; roll frame molds using hoist.
- Water wash and bore-scope molds post burnout.
- Job duties may include limited management of hazardous waste generated in the Investing department, including determining if spent material is either acidic or caustic and transferring hazardous waste containers to the facility’s hazardous waste storage locations. Comprehensive hazardous waste training will be required annually for those handling investing operators engaged in hazardous waste management activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Experience & Education
High school diploma or equivalent, basic chemistry and math skills desired.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner; adhere to safety rules.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to complete Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training.
- Must be able to work any shift as determined by production needs
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, and reach to perform daily job functions. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing eighty to one hundred pounds and occasionally up to one hundred and twenty pounds. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for periods of time.
- Ability to pass medical examination and be approved to wear a respirator; ability to pass a respirator fit test which requires no facial hair that interferes w/ the respirator-to-face piece seal.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.