With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Caledonian Alloys is the world leader in the management of nickel and cobalt base superalloy and titanium alloy recycling for the aerospace, land-based turbine, and chemical industries. The company transforms revert, through rigourous process, into material which can be re-melted, to produce new nickel, cobalt, or titanium alloys. Revert consists of excess alloy material which can arise from high performance component manufacturing, from decommissioned parts, and from the melting process.
Caledonian Alloys provides customers with a range of tailored revert management services designed to enable them to optimize the use and value of their own revert material. Accredited with all major vacuum and high temperature melters worldwide, Caledonian Alloys supplies fully processed nickel and titanium revert material to the melting industry. We also purchase revert material from a wide range of industrial customers throughout the world.
Set up, operate, or tend shearing and grinding machines, or chop saw machines for the destruction of various solid alloys to make it suitable for melting or in accordance with customer specification.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules, safely operate all equipment and tools, identifies and reports safety problems, corrects when possible.
- Set up, operate, and tend shearing and grinding machines, or chop saw machines for the sizing or destruction of solid materials.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Record operational information on specified production reports.
- Clean, lubricate, maintain, and adjust equipment to maintain efficient operation, using air hoses, cleaning fluids, and hand tools.
- Load and unload material onto machine for processing.
- Package material into a box, bin, or pallet for dispatch or delivery to the next operation.
- Knowledge and compliance with all ISO, Company and Safety procedures.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience operating forklifts preferred.
- Must have attention for detail, including basic math skills with the ability to add and subtract accurately.
- Proficient in the basic use of a computer to facilitate the entry and completion of work orders.
- Able to use basic hand tools.
- Must physically be able to frequently lift up to 35 lbs with frequent bending.
- Able to multi-task with shifting priorities and multiple interruptions.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as needed, including 12 hour shifts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to reach overhead, bend/stoop, push/pull, twist, stand, walk, perform repetitive hand movements, and lift and/or carry up to 35lbs. Frequently required to operate a forklift and hand tools. Must be able to don appropriate personal protective equipment including but not limited to, metatarsal shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, and respirators.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, flames, water, extreme heat and cold, and exposure to vibrations and noise.