Sales Account Manager (Redmond, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position develops and maintains relationships with customers (new and old) through personal interaction to ensure the business operation is participating on programs that offer and allow the opportunity for profitable growth. This role will lead and act as the key customer contact and account manager working directly with customers, engineering, quality, and manufacturing to identify sales opportunities and develop, implement, and manage strategies to assure maximum market shares and account profitability for both the short and long range.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify new product/process opportunities and develops pricing strategies to secure new business.
- Interface with customers purchasing and engineering disciplines to obtain information regarding competitors, PCC’s quality and commercial issues and market activities.
- Coordinates with PCC’s and customers’ engineering, quality, manufacturing, etc. on design, casting, and product requirements and strategies for development of new customer programs.
- Assists in resolution of master schedule and customer requirement conflicts. This includes scrap make-ups, and customer reschedules of any kind. Maintains line of balance to unit backlog requirements.
- Prepare proposals for submittal to customer.
- Acts as liaison between the customer and PCC Schlosser regarding schedule commitments and deviations; attends meetings regarding delivery schedules with customers and provides frequent status updates to customers.
- Function as contract administrator for customer issues, i.e., delivery, accounts receivables, purchase order changes, etc.
- Reviews all engineering changes and tool rework with plant to maximize profit opportunity.
- Continually monitors the sales and operation plan, the master schedule, the customer order
- backlog, and manufacturing work center capacity, to identify changes, trends, short term deviations, and/or forecast errors.
- Expedites parts as needed in support of business plan and customer requirements.
- Provide marketing information that will be utilized for long term planning and strategies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Sales/marketing related background required
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal); must be able to demonstrate abilities to interface with all levels of PCC and customers
- Strong critical thinking and problems solving ability
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to obtain and assess appropriate marketing information required for forecasting and planning
- Ability to travel as necessary (minimal travel required)
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment
- Demonstrated good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of aerospace industry preferred
- Understanding of the investment casting process preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline with minimum of two years’ experience in a comparable field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a comparable environment.
Ability to communicate, write, type, operate routine office equipment, personal computer, and phone.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PCC Schlosser is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This requisition is closed to applications.