Knockout Waterblast (2nd Shift)
At PCC Tilton, we believe that the safe air travel is essential as it ensures our family and friends return home safely each and every day. We support this mission by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use throughout the aerospace industry. Our highly skilled team members make vision a reality.
Team Tilton is proud to be PCC Structurals’ only aluminum casting facility. The products that we manufacture support over 70 platforms within commercial and military aerospace. Simply put, the PCC Tilton team has a critical part in how the world gets back to normal.
Our commitment to our employees and customers helps to ensure that missions within commercial and military aerospace are accomplished safely and successfully every day. If you are looking for an opportunity to support aerospace missions, a career at PCC Tilton may be right for you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform work in a safe manner by following all safety rules and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
• Achieve team production and efficiency goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Perform somewhat diversified duties to clean investment and shell material from cast sprues using pneumatic hammers, hand hammers, high- and low-pressure water blasting systems.
• Exercise care in pushout, vibrating and handling to avoid damage.
• Identify parts with chills and recover chills during knockout. Maintain careful control of identification of cast sprues for the purpose of lot and lot melt identification.
• Deliver to cutoff area in properly identified lots.
• Work from Finishing Card Specifications to perform the operations required.
• Operate any of the blasting machines.
• Control pressure and other variables within specified limits.
• Exercise care in blasting and handling to avoid any damage or distortion to the castings.
Experience and Education:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred but may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
• One year of manufacturing experience preferred, previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
• Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet or exceed production and quality standards.
• Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help meet business and customer demands.
• Understanding of basic math calculations.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other devices where interpretation is required.
• Ability to perform duties in manufacturing environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.