Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in Kent Washington, Protective Coatings Inc. is a leading provider of full service finishing for the aerospace, electronics and medical industries in both commercial and defense applications. Services include but are not limited to non-destructive testing such as fluorescent penetrant and magnetic particle inspection and a wide variety of surface enhancement processes such as shot peening and abrasive blasting, passivation, cadmium and nickel zinc plating, chromic, sulfuric and boric sulfuric acid anodizing and the application of chromate conversion coating on ferrous and non-ferrous alloys. Organic coating includes the application and testing of multiple resin systems such as epoxies, phenolics, polyurethanes, polyesters, elastomerics, intumescents, lacquers, alkyds, acrylics, dry-film lubricants, powder coatings and Teflon. Current approvals include the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program, (NADCAP), Boeing Commercial Aircraft Company, Boeing Defense and Space, Boeing/Philadelphia, Boeing Long Beach, Grumman, Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin, Goodrich, Bombardier, Cessna and Sikorsky among much else.
Founded in 1976, Protective Coatings Inc. was later acquired by Precision Castparts in 2012, and became part of the Aerostructures Division. As a defense contractor Protective Coatings Inc. is registered with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls as a subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp and is fully compliant with all relevant facets of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations.
The EHS specialist, will be responsible for Environmental, and federal/state/local OSHA Compliance, and the Safety Management System. This includes managing all permitting and hazardous waste compliance, Permit-by-Rule Industrial Waste-Water Treatment System, Chemical Maintenance, the Accident Prevention Program, Hazard Communication, and disposal of hazardous waste.
The EHS Specialist will report to the EHS Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administration of Safety and OSHA Compliance Systems
- Lock Out Tag Out/Hazcom/Machine Guarding etc.
- Administration of Corporate EHS Compliance Programs
- Administration of Environmental Compliance Programs
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Industrial Waste-Water Treatment, Puget Sound Clean Air Agency Air Monitoring, etc.
- Management of Hazardous Waste Materials
- Management of OSHA log and reporting process
- Assist with on-site Industrial Hygiene Program
- Conduct and Lead Safety Investigations with Root Cause Analysis
- Monthly Safety Walks and Audits with tracking action item list to completion
- Conduct and Document Monthly/New Hire Safety Training
- Conduct and document ongoing Safety Training
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis observations
- Oversee Workers Compensation Process
- Actively Participate in monthly Safety Committee Meetings
- Develop and deliver training tools for shop level employees
- Ensure compliance with contractual, operational and regulatory requirements (OSHA, AS9100, NADCAP etc).
- Other reasonable and related duties as assigned
- BS/BA - 4 year degree preferred
- Manufacturing experience required
- 3-5 Years’ experience with Safety and OSHA/WA OSHA Compliance Systems
- 3-5 Years’ experience with State of WA Environmental Compliance
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials management and disposal
Level of Education:
- BS/BA - 4 year degree preferred
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.