Aerospace Paint Helper - Day Shift
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Following classroom instruction and 30-60 days practical training, level 1 candidates can be expected to successfully apply an assortment of water and solvent reducible corrosion resistant epoxy primers on a diversity of substrates and simple product configurations, (geometries) using conventional HVLP equipment in pressure, siphon and gravity fed variants. These operators will be expected to maintain terminal equipment in good working order throughout the production cycle. The level 1 candidate will be expected to control wet/dry film coating thicknesses IAW noted prescribed requirements. These individuals will typically be cross qualified in relevant support functions such as racking, turning and sanding operations as well as equipment maintenance and paint mixing operations. As a condition of assignment, level 1 painter candidates may be expected to process product controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulations. As such these candidates may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the U.S.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Reviewing and assimilating work instructions specific to paint type, dimensional tolerance and thickness considerations.
· Loading, adjustment and light maintenance of conventional HVLP coating equipment in remote pressure, siphon and gravity fed variants.
· Successful application of primary organic finishes to a variety of substrates and part configurations.
· Understanding and maintaining best safety practices in accordance with prescribed directives.
· Excellent hand/eye coordination, practical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent vision whether or not corrected including normal color vision.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills.
· Ability to utilize necessary safety equipment such as grade D air hoods/masks, Tyvek suits, neoprene gloves, and safety eyewear.
· Ability to stand for prolonged periods with limited movement.
Level of Education:
· General Standard education including the ability to read and write in English.
Shift & Pay:
Monday through Friday 6am - 2:30pm
Starting at $20/hour depending on experience
This requisition is closed to applications.