Shipping & Receiving (Temp-To-Hire) - Cherry
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Level Two: Building upon level one, level two shipping/receiving clerks work with minimal supervision to complete all shipping and receiving tasks. Level two clerks will demonstrate an intermediate ability to aid in developing new packaging processes and procedures, and determine work priority based on the shipping schedule to prepare loads for pickup. Typically 1-2 years of experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders
- Lift up to 45lbs
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Intermediate system transactions
- Creating shipping documentation (BOL, POD etc.)
- Coordinating shipments for weekly goals/targets
- Prioritize work for lower level employees
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The ability to read and write English.
- Intermediate knowledge of shipping processes & equipment
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft suite)
Experience & Education
- Typically 1-2 Years
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.