Penetrant Inspector Level 1 Trainer INTERNAL ONLY / LPC-S / Shift TBD (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
In addition to being a Level 1 Penetrant Inspector, this operator accomplishes hands-on training of Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors. This operator also oversees the qualification and certification of Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors and provides feedback to supervision.
1. Train and Certify Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors.
a. Progress new or transfer Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors through the qualification and certification process. Trains employees on new skills and works with employees to improve performance to satisfactory levels or maintain satisfactory performance.
b. Perform module audits
c. Evaluate employee against certification requirements.
d. Gives objective, fact-based input for performance reviews. Participate in performance measure feedback and performance review of Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors.
e. In performing training/certification duties, avoids favoritism or the perception of favoritism.
2. Training Program Support:
a. Create and revise training modules.
b. Establish and revise written evaluation.
c. Design and update skills demonstration and criteria for Qualification and certification.
3. Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors support and audits
a. Maintain records of employees and overall departments.
b. Perform ongoing evaluation of employees and random audits.
c. Stay current on Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors techniques in all aspects of interpreting.
a. Is sensitive to and proactively supports the maintenance of a harassment/discrimination free environment.
1. Current Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors Trainer certification desired or Tat’s certified within 30 days.
2. Must be self motivated (as determined by feedback from the Trainer Coordinator or Production Supervisor) and capable of high performance with little or no supervision.
3. Must consistently rate in the top 20% in Project Team Build issues and demonstrate good work habits, including a history of quality workmanship.
4. Must be free of any disciplinary action for Quality, Productivity or Behavior over the last 12 months.
5. Position required incumbent be willing, as required by production needs, to change department assignments, work with others in more than one department, and to adjust shift schedules.
6. Outstanding performance as determined by feedback from the Trainer Coordinator or Production Supervisor) in prior progression through the Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors Training and Certification Program is desired. (Does not apply to Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors who did not have access to the program.)
7. Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions, make progress observations, and accurately record technical data required.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Instructions must be clear and unambiguous; consistently assures directions are clearly understood resulting in work that rarely, if ever, needs to be redone due to the quality of communication.
9. Must have good facilitation skill and the ability to teach individuals and/or small groups.
10. Satisfactory attendance record required.
11. Satisfactory safety record required.
12. Must have held a Level 1 Penetrant Inspectors position for a minimum of 12 months during the prior 3 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.