With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products, which include the PCC Industrial & Distribution Group, consist of specialized manufacturing businesses that produce fasteners, precision components, systems, tooling, and engineered system solutions for a diverse group of end customers in the automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership ensure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Located in North Hollywood, CA, Avibank Manufacturing, Inc., a PCC Company, a part of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of our operational processes and outputs. The Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include designing quality standards, developing quality control systems, determining corrective actions, planning, and conducting activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products. This position is a key liaison with internal staff, suppliers, and customers on Quality related matters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Trouble shooting skills with focus on process improvement
- Lean manufacturing basics
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality systems; aerospace preferred
- Typically, 2-4 years of experience
Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.