Operations Supervisor, Milling
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products, which include the PCC Industrial & Distribution Group, consist of specialized manufacturing businesses that produce fasteners, precision components, systems, tooling, and engineered system solutions for a diverse group of end customers in the automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership ensure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Located in North Hollywood, CA, Avibank Manufacturing, Inc., a PCC Company, a part of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
Supervises and manages the production performance, personnel issues, EHS standards and is engaged in the coordination of work of the employees who work in production and operations for a specified department. Ensure productivity/dock goals are met on a daily/weekly/quarterly/annual basis. Responsible for the operations in a given production area, to include mechanics, planning, scheduling, output and production. Ensures compliance with all quality, engineering, FAA, and customer regulations and specifications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent planning, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Partner with management or subordinates to resolve personnel problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the assembly or processing of product, such as inspectors, machinists, and shared services.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring’s, evaluations, and promotions.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Possess good written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner. Positive can-do orientation. Able to deal effectively with broad range of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities in a fast pace Demonstrated project/team management capabilities that can meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong facilitation skills, conflict resolution and project management skills.
- Interacts well and with a high degree of urgency to customers, and at all levels within the organization, as well as across organizations.
- Confidence in working with ambiguity and handling complexity.
- 2 years of Supervisory experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience in aerospace/fastener/metals manufacturing industries, with strong knowledge of all fastener materials preferred.
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems.
Level of Education:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Operations, or similar.