PCC Tilton, we believe that safe air travel is essential as it ensures our family and friends return home safely each and every day. We support this mission by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use throughout the aerospace industry. Our highly skilled team members make vision a reality.
Team Tilton is proud to be PCC Structurals’ only aluminum casting facility. The products that we manufacture support over 70 platforms within commercial and military aerospace. Simply put, the PCC Tilton team has a critical part in how the world gets back to normal.
Our commitment to our employees and customers helps to ensure that missions within commercial and military aerospace are accomplished safely and successfully every day. If you are looking for an opportunity to support aerospace missions, a career at PCC Tilton may be right for you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for handling quality project assignments and improving existing manufacturing processing techniques.
• Main point of contact with customers, regulatory and government agencies on all quality related issues and audits.
• Responsible for maintaining and continuous improvement of the Quality Manual and controlling and approving internal work instructions and procedures. Responsible for auditing and approval of subcontractors.
• Will review job status, customer specifications and recommended solutions to problems. Must keep various departments informed of engineering and customer alterations or problems. Makes recommendations as to possible improvement in procedures and/or methods to increase effectiveness and reduce costs. Assists in various aspects of research and development and lends technical assistance to various departments.
• Works in close conjunction with customers, Production Control, Engineering and other areas on topics related to alloy, casting design or tooling.
• Manage staff responsible for quality planning, release of product and raw material, and the final certification of product.
• Manage the Level III NDT Examiner responsible for personnel qualification, special process certifications, procedure generation and audits.
• Function as the Management Representative as required by ISO-9001 & AS9100.
• Frequent review of technical literature to stay abreast of industry and other changes and/or advancements as expected.
• Regularly directs, instructs, advises, assists and checks associates and subordinates as to schedules, methods, standards of performance, rules/regulations, safety precautions and other matters affecting their parts.
• Must maintain discipline, morale and professionalism when dealing with staff, customers, department supervisors and all employees. Will handle complaints and grievances within the limits of established company policy.
Experience and Education:
• B.S. degree; preferably in science or engineering field.
• Must have demonstrated ability to manage technical resources, with strong organizational, analytical, statistical and problem-solving abilities.
• Must have demonstrated ability to interact with customers, engineering, manufacturing operations and leadership on technical issues.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in progressively responsible roles in technical or operations positions. Preferably in casting and aerospace industry.
• Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet or exceed production and quality standards.
• Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help meet business and customer demands.
• Ability to perform duties in manufacturing environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.