Deburr Technician - Weekdays (1b)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high-quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer, delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 20 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include PCC Auburn, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plant locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Algona Washington, PCC - Auburn is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Their key customers are Boeing (737 FED Doors, AOE Doors, and 737 APU Inlets), Airbus, and Latecoere (Hinges and Supper Hinges). PCC Auburn specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011, PCC Auburn has become one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures division. Staffed with 200+ employees, the facility generates annual revenue in excess of $150 million.
Following specific instructions, the Deburr Employee operates handheld tools to deburr manufacturing products, ensuring all productivity, safety and quality guidelines are achieved.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows the instructions and directions given by the director of manufacturing, their immediate manager or lead, or by a senior machinist
- Operates handheld tools to deburr products based on training and experience, meeting productivity standards and goals for assigned production jobs
- Deburrs the product scheduled in the manufacturing department by monitoring the quality of product manufactured
- Ensures that the scheduled cycle time to deburr a scheduled product vs. actual time taken to deburr a product is being completed under set cycle time or meets scheduled cycle times
- Ensures tools are operating in a safe manner, following all safety protocols and guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work, clarity with distance, distinction with color, peripheral observation up and down/left and right, depth perception for distance and spatial relationships, sharp focus of objects brought into line of sight. Mental dexterity needed to work independently while demonstrating attention to detail and continuous awareness.
- Must have the dexterity to be able to manipulate handheld tools in deburring manufactured aerospace products
- Ability to use handheld deburr tools such as grinders, polishers, and pedestal grinders
- Self-motivated with an ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Ability to work across departments to meet product quality standards efficiently
- Ability to follow instructions given by the director of manufacturing, their immediate manager or lead, or by a senior machinist and carry them out correctly