Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon Pennsylvania, a division of Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC), is a manufacturing leader of Flash Welded and Cold Rolled near net shaped rings primarily used in commercial and military aircraft.
The Quality Engineer will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. The Quality Engineer will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others.
- Support Quality Manager on strategic and tactical program management and implementation needs
- Compliance owner for all internal/external Quality System audits;
- Prioritize and implement multiple concurrent process improvement projects, alone or as part of a multifunctional team, to drive customer satisfaction and business productivity.
- Analyze production results, then develop, implement, and evaluate quality assurance improvement processes
- Review customer orders and specifications to set up in ERP system.
- Work with Material Review Board to disposition nonconforming material and develop RCCA.
- Work with New Product development teams to obtain 100% first time yield.
- Work with engineering to resolve quality issues related to existing suppliers.
- Conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Collect, organize, monitor and distribute information for the Company and to customers/suppliers related to product quality and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field of study from an accredited university or college
- Aerospace Quality experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with ISO9001/AS9100 quality standards and Nadcap controlled processes
- Quality planning experience.
- Geometric dimensioning & tolerance, drawing interpretation,
- Experience in areas of quality assurance such as: DOE, FMEA, SPC, RCCA, control plans, material control, process control, systems performance, product evaluation, MSA, metrology, is preferred.
- Ability to conduct internal and external quality audits to recognize improvement opportunities and work with stakeholders to identify and implement effective CA/PA plans.
- Six Sigma training and the ability to apply statistical methods to analysis of problems is preferred.
- Ability to comprehend technical documentation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon PA is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 570-474-3058 for assistance.