With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The DMLS Technician will be responsible for machine set-up, maintenance and post processing of DMLS parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, operate and perform daily maintenance on additive manufacturing machines; metal printing.
- General shop duties to facilitate the production of DMLS parts including: DMLS machine set-up, powder sieving, DMLS machine clean-out, material changes.
- Assists with developing and tracking department-specific metrics for quality reporting purposes.
- Develop and update work instructions.
- Develop and utilize best practices and production methodologies relevant to specific additive technologies.
- Document procedural steps for internal training purposes, train others in processes and procedures as required.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to the Operations Manager.
- Complete and document routine maintenance on applicable DMLS equipment.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of facility.
- *Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting of materials up to 35 lbs.
- Meet established attendance standards.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Use simple arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
- Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules or similar information.
- Use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other devices where interpretation is required.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively solve problems.
- Experience in using professional initiative to coordinate processes and streamline operations with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated and works well in a fast pace, team-oriented environment; continuously develops new competencies to accommodate evolving expectations.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment, effectively prioritize, and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work within a collaborative team structure by having a welcoming attitude and personality with strong interpersonal skills.