Grain Read / Laue Inspector - Wickliffe, OH (SMP)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Perform grain interpretation of all equiax, directionally solidified and single crystal castings to determine the acceptability to the various specifications. Re-route unacceptable castings to the appropriate finishing or MRB areas for repair or review.
- Pass Grain Etch certification including 80 hours of hands on training.
- Must be able to pass tri-annual grain/laue exam and an annual eye examination.
- Must be able to learn job specifications that are required by new customers, including existing customers with changes in job specifications.
- Interpret Laue crystallographic image and disposition pieces.
- Record and report Laue data to grain map or Laue data sheet.
- Submit castings that need computer miss-orientation readings.
- Must be able to operate all Laue units and follow Laue procedure.
- Correlate Laue data with final castings, R. T. S.
- Record all work in AQCS.
- Keep work area in a clean, orderly and safe working condition.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervision and in other areas if needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency of applicable procedure instructions.
- If selected, you will be required to remain in this position for a minimum of 18 months.
- Meet or exceed defined Visual Acuity (when required).
- Meet color perception standards needed in performance of job requirements (when required).
- Additional training to comply with applicable SOP/Certifications (when required)
- Must not have any disciplinary action write-ups on file for the last 12 months.
- Previous inspection experience or desire to learn inspection operation.
- Maintain positive attitude and help out where needed.