With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Engineering Lead is responsible for the overall performance of their assigned engineering team. This person is responsible for developing the team and advancing the skill sets of its members and providing engineering leadership and direction to the organization and will be responsible for ensuring the company meets all customer and company requirements in respect to products.
- Direct a customer-focused group of product and/or process engineers
- Responsible for the process of project selection, assignment and prioritization.
- Ensure that all personnel are properly trained in the procedures and knowledge required for their job functions.
- Resolve problems and provide leadership, expertise and guidance to cross-functional teams.
- Assure compliance with all company policies and procedures in the development, manufacturing, application and documentation of processes.
- Develop a pipeline of engineers through engagement with Co-op and Development programs
- Generate and implement ideas for product improvement, expansion, rationalization and cost reduction.
- Develop procedures for new business processes.
- Assist Engineering Manager in the part quoting and budgeting processes.
- Foster LEAN culture throughout the operation.
- Create reports and briefings (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, ad hoc)
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & execute action plans that will deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with customers in a technical capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Materials or other related Engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years of product or process engineering experience in investment casting