Materials Science/Metallurgy Co-op - Henderson NV
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Special Metals is the world leader in the invention, production and supply of high-nickel alloys for critical applications. Special Metals has over a century of expertise creating high-performance alloy products engineered for the most brutal, mission-critical services in the industry. With its focus on research and technology, Special Metals has invented and developed a large majority of the commercial nickel-based superalloys offered in the market today and is the one of the largest volume suppliers of nickel superalloys.
Spring and Summer 2023 Engineering Co-op Positions
- Metallurgy Co-op - Alloy Development Support
- Metallurgy Co-op - Materials Characterization Focus
We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of manufacturing. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you. Find out what it’s like to work with our team in our fast-paced, dynamic work environment through a variety of cooperative program opportunities. This is your chance to gain invaluable on-the-job experience while getting an introduction to our collaborative and exciting culture. Job assignments will be related to your functional engineering discipline; typically mechanical, industrial or materials science engineering. You will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and/or product engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The student will:
- Apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
- Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Attend regular departmental meeting.
- Attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Perform or review systems analysis, testing and documentation for existing processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate with peers, project team members and other departments on new product development, product line extensions and product enhancements.
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master's degree in materials science, metallurgical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering or related fields.
- Must have completed first year of college prior to co-op
- Demonstrated results-driven leadership
- Critical problem analysis, decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident
These co-op opportunities are located at our TIMET Henderson Technical Lab in Henderson, Nevada.
We firmly believe that our strength lies in our people. We build our team with strong leaders who enjoy the everyday challenge of making an impact on the bottom line. Our employees are given unparalleled opportunities to build their careers and capabilities – career growth at PCC is directly linked to an individual’s ability to drive the company to new levels of performance. The path you choose is based on your education, experience and passion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.