Engineering Co-Op - Ogden, UT
NOTE: THIS IS A CO-OP EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRES WORKING AND ATTENDING SCHOOL CONCURRENTLY. ANTICIPATED LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT IS 6-24 MONTHS.
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC Ogden’s diverse capabilities include 5-axis CNC machining in addition to manufacturing investment castings in both aluminum and stainless steel. With over 150,000 square feet of manufacturing space, we specialize in castings for aerospace, energy, medical equipment and commercial applications.
The student will:
- Apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
- Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Attend regular departmental meeting.
- Perform or review systems analysis, testing and documentation for existing processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate with peers, project team members and other departments on new product development, product line extensions and product enhancements.
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial systems, or materials science engineering
- Demonstrated results-driven leadership
- Critical problem analysis, decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.