Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Co-Op
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
NOTE: THIS IS A CO-OP EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRES WORKING AND ATTENDING SCHOOL CONCURRENTLY. ANTICIPATED LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT IS 6-24 MONTHS.
Reporting to the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, supports the creation and enforcement of a safety culture and jointly implements programs, policies, and assessments to ensure PCC Structurals Ogden and its employees follow all federal and internal environmental, health, and safety regulations. May also review reports and findings to monitor performance and detect trends related to environmental, health, and safety.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complies with and supports federal, state, and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as safety representative of assigned facility, coordinating and implementing all areas of the company safety programs.
- Supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate EHS program expectations and applicable federal and state laws.
- Conducts safety audits and inspection programs, maintains accurate records of such audits, implements recommendations for corrective or preventive measures when gaps or non-compliance items are discovered, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Identifies and informs management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through conducting daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Facilitates and supports the incident investigation process.
- Maintains accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems.
- Provides immediate aid for individuals needing medical attention.
- Trains, communicates, and assists others to understand and complete their safety/environmental responsibilities.
- Monitors safety regulations as applied to the use and handling of equipment, vehicles, and licensing requirements.
- Maintains EHS records as required.
- Develops and supports implementation of various safety policies and programs.
- Handles confidential information.
- Assists in hazardous waste program (WAA, profiles, and coordinate disposal).
- Initiates and maintains environmental permits.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in environmental or occupational safety related field highly preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math/statistical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Self-starter and team oriented
- Capable of conducting Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) and risk management assessments
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Federal/State Regulatory Requirements (OSHA, DOT, EPA)
- Working knowledge of chemical safety and industrial hygiene
- The candidate should be familiar with the following regulatory programs such as PPE, Electrical Safety, Lockout/Tag out, Bloodborne Pathogen, Machine Guarding, Forklift, Hazard Communication and other programs as the need arises
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This requisition is closed to applications.