With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The student will gain exposure to and be involved with the Daily P&L, travel expense processing, account reconciliations, and related SOX compliance. The role will also include the analysis of variable cost, and ensuring department managers understand and receive information regarding cost. This role will provide support in performing accounts analysis and reconciliation work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and reporting of variable cost, including working with department managers to track and report cost and EHS.
- Support operations team with data analysis, responding to financial inquires, reporting and decision support as needed.
· Month end close support through GL entry compilation
· Review and prepare various prepaid and accruals as necessary
· Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations, as assigned
- SOX compliance, document internal controls for auditing compliance within the parameters of the SOX Control Document. Assist with quarterly testing requirements.
- Perform internal auditing (test controls) of various documents/functions within the organization to ensure compliance with critical control measures.
- Perform other duties as are designated by the supervisor.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Knowledge of related accounting and finance principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Student pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance.