Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
2875 Lincoln St.
Muskegon, MI 49441
- Work safely. Adhere to all company and regulatory EH&S policies and procedures. Look for safety issues and notify leadership of all safety concerns.
- Adhere to all Company 6-S initiatives and policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of plant and production equipment (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, etc.)
- Record parts used for repairs and complete required reorder forms.
- Assist in preventative maintenance program and perform assigned PM duties.
- Set up and perform machining as required.
- Maintain spare parts stock in orderly manner and reorder as required.
- Repair equipment as necessary to maintain production.
- Maintain records of repairs, preventative maintenance, and machining.
- Utilize CMMS system to record work/inventory transactions as well as other CMMS functions.
- Keep maintenance equipment and area in clean and orderly condition / maintain 6S Program.
- Assist in the training of other Maintenance personnel.
- Follow all lockout procedures, safety rules, OSHA requirements.
- Work overtime or report in when called as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor / Area Manager.
High School graduate, GED, or equivalent. Foundry or previous manufacturing work experience in a related occupation preferred.
- Must be able to read work instructions.
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.Must have working knowledge of machining/machine repair/lift truck repair, industrial electricity, electronics, fabrication/fluid power and combustion.
- Must have most hand tools to perform the above maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to operate a powered industrial truck.
- Must complete required course work with maintenance wage plan.
- Must have the ability to work with electronic data system(s); (ERP, CMMS, Intranet, etc.)
- Must be able to physically work in an extreme heat stress environment with exposure to molten metal, dust and fumes and ability to wear respirator and other personal protective equipment required for the position.
- Must be physically capable of performing heavy manual duties, operate a variety of machinery and equipment and wear required personal protective equipment.