Senior CNC Automations Engineer
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
temperature and mechanical properties.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automated adaptive manufacturing systems to improve casting process through span/cycle reductions, decrease costs, and increase safety.
- Develop and customize complex Automation software to control CNC (Computer Numerical Control) and robotic equipment for different departments throughout casting workflow.
- Use CAD, CAM and inspection software to analyze cast components and specifications to meet customer needs.
- Apply advanced knowledge of math and software development to design and implement automation of CNC and robotic equipment, and to complete tasks such as gate removal, grinding, and polishing parts, adapting for fluctuations in cast components.
- Identify and interpret casting dimensions and tolerances from blueprints.
- Develop proprietary company methods and tools to create and edit digital scan data of castings into an applicable format for machine tools and robots.
- Undertake rigorous testing of CNC equipment using probing and other equipment to ensure machinery is operating within defined criteria.
- Work with suppliers and integrators to design and develop specialized robotic and CNC equipment.
- Lead and train operators (6+), engineers, and management teams on technical document creation and ensure deliverables achieved on time.
- Perform capability and time studies to ensure projects are realistic and achievable.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data, and present results using technical reports and presentations to both employees and customers.
- 10% travel (domestic/international) may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted); and
- 3 years' experience as a CAD/CAM Design Engineer, Plant Automation Engineer, Applications Engineer, Sr. Applications Engineer, or similar position.
3 years' experience in each of the following:
- Using PowerShape, PowerMill, and PowerInspect;
- Using Autodesk Manufacturing Automation Utility or Delcam Automation;
- Using C# in combination with PowerShape and PowerMill to build automated add-ins and executables to handle different forms of inspection data, create complex surfaces, generate toolpaths and equivalent code for CNC and robotic equipment;
- Developing automated adaptive processes for aerospace industry to analyze, machine, polish, and grind components on an individual basis;
- Selecting appropriate tooling for machining and grinding/polishing media as well as designing appropriate fixturing;
- Training users PowerShape, PowerMill, and PowerInspect software;
- Presenting new and innovative technologies to management and other engineers to improve outdated and unsafe technology; and
- Improving in-process monitoring of manufacturing facility such as calibration and kinematics of equipment, ensuring routine maintenance is carried out, and of tracking equipment.
All experience, skills, and requirements may be gained concurrently. Employer will conduct background check prior to hire.